We are looking for experts in speech recognition and in speech synthesis. At LVL you will be joining a research team working on exciting developments in language technology as a part of the Icelandic Language Technology Programme (https://arxiv.org/pdf/2003.09244.pdf).
- Conduct independent research in the fields of speech processing, machine learning, speech recognition/synthesis and human-computer interaction.
- Work with a team of other experts in carrying out the Speech Recognition/Synthesis part of the Icelandic Language Technology Programme.
- Publish and disseminate research findings in journals and present at conferences.
- Actively take part in scientific and industrial cooperation projects.
- Assist in supervising Bachelor’s/Master’s students.
- MSc/PhD degree in engineering, computer science, statistics, mathematics or similar. Good programming skills (e.g. C++ and Python) and knowledge of Linux (necessary).
- Good knowledge of a deep learning library such as PyTorch or TensorFlow (necessary).
- Good knowledge of KALDI (preferable). Background in language technology (preferable).
- Good skills in writing and understanding shell scripts (preferable).
All applications must be accompanied by a good CV with information about previous jobs, education, references etc. It is also optional to attach a cover letter where the applicant can justify the reasons for being the right person for the job.
Applications deadline is October 4th 2020. Applications are only accepted through RU’s recruitment system at https://jobs.50skills.com/ru/is/5484/apply. All inquiries and applications will be treated as confidential.
The role of Reykjavik University is to create and disseminate knowledge to enhance the competitiveness and quality of life for individuals and society, guided by good ethics, sustainability and responsibility. Education and research at RU are based on strong ties with industry and society. We emphasize interdisciplinary collaboration, international relations and entrepreneurship.